Tell me more about Colorado Rush Rugby
We consistently encourage and welcome new players with any level of sporting experience or age to check us out and see what our club and the sport of rugby has to offer you. We only ask that you be willing to work hard and give us your best.
WHAT EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
The things you will need to play rugby:
- Cleats (rugby or soccer are acceptable; no metal and no football cleats)
- Mouth guard
- Shorts (rugby shorts preferred, soccer shorts acceptable for practice)
- Tall socks
- Compression shorts/undies
- Sheer determination to be awesome
WHERE AND WHEN ARE PRACTICES?
HOW DO YOU PLAY RUGBY?
Rush Rugby is a team of both veterans and beginners, and we train to educate our new players about fundamentals, as well as techniques veterans will be able to utilize.
Head Coach Paula Bailey has over 15 years of rugby experience and has the skills to educate new players, regardless of their athletic backgrounds.
There are a ton of online resources to get an intro to rugby. If you choose to do your own rugby research, USA Rugby competes in rugby union style of play and law, which is different from rugby league. Check out these helpful tools:
– World Rugby’s ‘Beginners Guide to Rugby’